CNC Laser parts are very important to CNC laser.
There are many parts that without them, laser cannot be used.
Here are the list of laser parts:
- CNC controller, to control both laser output, motor X, Y, Z, A, B for 5 axis laser. Most controller should be able to control the power of laser.
- Laser power source, this laser power source generates the high voltage to control the laser tube to shoot out the laser. The voltage of this laser can go up to thousands of voltages and it’s very dangerous for human if physical touch.
- Mechanic for movement, these including motor, drive, servo system.
- Mechanic such as gearbox, linear rail, rack and pinion. Some may use belt and reduction wheel. Some also use planetary gearbox for more precision and faster speed.
- Laser tube, the laser tube creates the laser that shoot into the material. This laser can go from 1w to 200,000W according to customers need. If shoot the small thin wood, probably 4W is enough. If want to cut 18mm wood to make die cut, one should use up to 300W. If want to cut 1mm stainless steel, one need to use 150W CO2 plus oxygen to help for the cut stainless steel. If want to cut 8mm steel, one needs to use 1000W in order to cut.
- Program or CAD/CAM, in order to use good machine, program is the main cut. To save the material and artwork, the program is the heart of all. If you make good program the cut will come out beautiful. The most import feature of program is the speed and power.
- Lens is also super important in CNC laser. The small reflection lens will cause the laser is hard to alight the laser line because the area is of reflection is not enough. Of course, the bigger reflection lens is better for the alignment of laser. But the number one problem is the cost. Number two problem is the design of machine. If the machine very tight design, tight movement, then the big lens may not suitable for the machine. The focus lens is also important to the laser. The higher focus is better for cutting thick material. We will discuss on the focus lens more on next section.